1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
What do you think Microphone Means
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
i think i konw what it means but i want to see what other people say about it. In easy breezy at the end of the song Utada says < shes got a new Microphone yeah she go a Microphone she doesn't need you anymore> , Also in Automatic Part II Hikaru says< when i see your Microphone i gotta get it up>. what do you think microphone means
Posted on: 2010/3/10 11:48
  •  pompon
      pompon
Re: What do you think Microphone Means
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L F/23/Warsaw,Poland
I smell trolling.
In Automatic part II the line is "When I see a microphone I gotta get it up". In Easy Breazy she said she sang it because she bought a new microphone the day she was recording the song. There is no secret meaning between the lines.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 12:24
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

goku1337 wrote:
i think i konw what it means but i want to see what other people say about it. In easy breezy at the end of the song Utada says < shes got a new Microphone yeah she go a Microphone she doesn't need you anymore> , Also in Automatic Part II Hikaru says< when i see your Microphone i gotta get it up>. what do you think microphone means

She says " when i see a microphone i gotta get it on" not up.
which means that when she sees a microphone she has to sing into it and get it on, ya know?

The other one is self pretty explantory but a lot of people who think Hikki is this sweet little angel get upset when you mention it.

She is saying " I don't need you anymore because I have a new d1ck (a new guy to screw around with).
In the song she sleeps with some guy and he went and told all his friends and embarrassed her so she dumps him and finds another guy to sleep with it.
Posted on: 2010/3/10 12:46
  •  pompon
      pompon
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L F/23/Warsaw,Poland
Quote:
which means that when she sees a microphone she has to sing into it and get it on, ya know?

The other one is self pretty explantory but a lot of people who think Hikki is this sweet little angel get upset when you mention it.

She is saying " I don't need you anymore because I have a new d1ck (a new guy to screw around with).
In the song she sleeps with some guy and he went and told all his friends and embarrassed her so she dumps him and finds another guy to sleep with it.
Yeah, yeah, I'm sure Goku got now the interpretation he wanted to hear

I'm not thinking Utada is "sweet little angel", but this post was obviously indicating interpretation expecting someone would answer this way so he can pat that persons back "I'm with you on it"
Now I'm not betting my head on it but last year there was a person who transcribed lyrics from the booklet of japanese TITO and lyrics said "up" not "on" .
As for "Easy Breazy", I like the song and I'm not bothered by the microphone indication (it's kinda cool:P). I just read that she sung that line on an impulse and noticed the indication only after that. (I need to find the source, I know) Check here
Posted on: 2010/3/10 13:50
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

pompon wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure Goku got now the interpretation he wanted to hear

I'm not thinking Utada is "sweet little angel", but this post was obviously indicating interpretation expecting someone would answer this way so he can pat that persons back "I'm with you on it"
Now I'm not betting my head on it but last year there was a person who transcribed lyrics from the booklet of japanese TITO and lyrics said "up" not "on" .
As for "Easy Breazy", I like the song and I'm not bothered by the microphone indication (it's kinda cool:P). I just read that she sung that line on an impulse and noticed the indication only after that. (I need to find the source, I know) Check here

Yes, it does say "up", i just checked the lyrics in the booklet again!
Posted on: 2010/3/10 14:07
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
*wonders why he clicked this....**leaves*
Posted on: 2010/3/11 10:03
  •  KlumsyKremlin69
      KlumsyKremlin69
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I'd say she clearly loves the c*ck but in another light a microphone is what singers sing into - its a filter of sorts. So by having a new microphone she would have a new filter for her thoughts and emotions; someone new to write and sing about. No matter what she specifically meant with the lyric it can have a variety of meanings to different people at different times, that is just how stuff works once you release it into public hands - people will run with whatever works for them.
Posted on: 2010/3/11 15:46
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Yeah, your right about Utada buying a new microphone that day BUT you never know if she is implying something. She could've been referring to another man when she says "she doesn't need you anymore". It'd only make sense. But, hey, this is only interpretation!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/3/11 18:36
  •  meekobiscuit
      meekobiscuit
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 35/M/L.A.
I think in Easy Breezy, it's a double entendre. This is how I interpreted it.

1.) She's got a new man in her life.
2.) She's singing into a new microphone, for a new audience with her major label English language debut.

Also, someone mentioned the fact that she bought a new microphone, literally. I don't know if I believe what she says. I think she acts coy about some things, but she does it for the benefit of her Japanese fans because they might get offended by her overtly sexual references. That's just my thinking.
Posted on: 2010/3/11 20:15
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

KlumsyKremlin69 wrote:
I'd say she clearly loves the c*ck but in another light a microphone is what singers sing into - its a filter of sorts. So by having a new microphone she would have a new filter for her thoughts and emotions; someone new to write and sing about. No matter what she specifically meant with the lyric it can have a variety of meanings to different people at different times, that is just how stuff works once you release it into public hands - people will run with whatever works for them.

Worded rather recklessly XD,but I agree.And I again dismiss myself as I cannot understand how anyone manage to ponder upon this after almost 6 yrs.
Posted on: 2010/3/11 20:20
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>