<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
Re: Utada was a success...?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
@Dark_Armed_Dragon for you to be a UtadaNet Newbie you got mad skills an i think your right about Utada Interview On CNN , i think if anyone should be compared to hikaru it should be the MJ KING OF POP because MJ was the best an he still is the Best an He will forever be the best, Ayumi Hamasaki she more of a britney spears girl
Posted on: 2010/3/15 11:37
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
I simply cannot comprehend what is there to "love" about This is The One.

Well geez, you don't have to act condescending towards those of us who like it. I mean, I don't criticize your god-awful JPop (Utada, by the way, is the only Japanese singer who doesn't sound like a goat while singing).
Posted on: 2010/3/15 13:52
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

goku1337 wrote:
@Dark_Armed_Dragon for you to be a UtadaNet Newbie you got mad skills an i think your right about Utada Interview On CNN , i think if anyone should be compared to hikaru it should be the MJ KING OF POP because MJ was the best an he still is the Best an He will forever be the best, Ayumi Hamasaki she more of a britney spears girl

LOL, I even wrote a comment on the Youtube video "Close to You" when I recently got back into Utada saying that it's like a Jackson 5 song but with Utada singing instead of MJ. Also, saying that she she sounds like Janet Jackson on the "How Ya Doin" song (which someone fully agreed with me on that one). I even wrote that she may die at a young age, saying that she may have a big concert, and she may die of a heart attack or overdose. Since I got complaints about the comment saying "I'm planning something", and it was thumbed down, I had to delete those comments when I said weird things can happen to people. But the thing the other commenter agreed with is that she will live on Like Elvis and MJ. That was when I crazily got back into Utada in the late summer of last year. I was still like crazily into MJ too, because of his death and all that. So I wasn't talking bad about anyone, just supporting them.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 13:58
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
Its cool man i understand sometime people say things they dont mean < but i dont think i would have ever said that.> anyway all for the best Keep Tryin
Posted on: 2010/3/15 14:14
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
That was a while back I posted that. I was just too excited during that time. I was almost as excited as when I heard Utada for the 1st time in my life.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 15:20
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
It takes effort for fans who like Exodus to enjoy Tito or perhaps it's just me. Listening to Tito was definitely more enjoyable after watching live performances of her Tito songs, it was like a different experience and that's why it's of utmost significance for them to release a Tito Live Album.

I kind of disagree that that About Me and Be My Last sound similar. About Me is a bit more upbeat than Be My Last. Besides, Be My Last has the annoying aahhhh ahhhh which later on I became used to and love it as well.

You're right though that weird things do happen. We should all learn to expect the unexpected. For some odd reason, successful people do pass away young. I'm not much of a religious person but I think it's God's way of being fair. They enjoyed the fame and success, so yeah but let's not debate about religion here, lol. Hey, I thought she had a tumor back then and it got removed or something? I think she did escape death...by a bit?

Did someone say Utada is the only japanese singer who doesn't sound like a goat while singing? Try listening to ayaka, I know this is off topic but there are actually good japanese female artists out there besides Utada though I've got to give credit for Utada's brilliant song writing, composing and arrangements. By the way I think this topic is kinda going in a morbid direction, discussing about her death? Aww people, let's be more positive!
Posted on: 2010/3/15 19:23
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Mods: please delete, double posted >_>.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 20:16
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Yeah, she did have a tumor in her right ovary back in 2002 before the release of Deep River. It put that album and the singles collection on hold. Maybe she came back as a Shinigami, and things are revealed in the song "Devil Inside"? I kid the singer, but Lance Armstrong is also a person who survived cancer with a 1% chance of survival. He escaped death also, same with the baby who drowned in a bathtub. They did declare the baby dead, until they did some hyperthermia, where he wasn't dead after all.

About Me and Be My Last are the opposites is what I meant. Only reason I said it was similar was because of the instruments, and I had an instant connection between the songs when I heard each of them.

DISCLAIMER: I POSTED THAT STUFF BACK IN AUGUST, NEVER TRULY MEANT IT! I'M NOT TRYING TO BRING IT UP AGAIN, JUST SAYING HOW I SAID IT ONE TIME BECAUSE SOMEONE BROUGHT UP MICHAEL JACKSON!

Sorry guys, I just had to let that out.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 20:16
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
I simply cannot comprehend what is there to "love" about This is The One.

Well geez, you don't have to act condescending towards those of us who like it. I mean, I don't criticize your god-awful JPop (Utada, by the way, is the only Japanese singer who doesn't sound like a goat while singing).

Alex -_- Let alone are you being too defensive,you are doing it to a remark that wasn't even aimed at you.I happen to like gantzman and often agree with him on things,which is why I mad my initial comment.Did I say he had bad taste for favoring TiTO?No.I simply said that I can see what is there to like about it more than any of her past works,more so what is there to like about it more than exodus and Precious combine.If you didn't realize it....you just did criticize my choices in J-pop artist by calling them "god-awful".What was condescending about my comment?Because not even gantzman took it that way.He accepted it for what was stated within it,an opinion.
Posted on: 2010/3/15 20:55
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Quote:

And by the American media comparing her to Spears, I think itsmore of their popularity... not their music or singing style or whatever. A lot of people take it the wrong way.

Well, that's like saying me being compared to some random kid, but we don't have that much in common. We would be just as popular as one another in a specific area.

If you look at her face during the CNN interview, she doesn't seem too happy being compared to Britney Spears. She just felt shy, that's all. Besides, the interviewer got her facts wrong, about her selling that many albums. Maybe compare Ayumi Hamasaki to Spears, just because she did plastic surgery, but she isn't a prostitute or drinks either.

Plastic Surgery?Did you find yourself on the wrong side of youtube?
Posted on: 2010/3/15 20:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>