<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Re: What happened, and why?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I think almost everyone in the world knows who Ayumi is unless he or she has been living inside a shell. (LOL)

Actually it's difficult to categorize Utada's music. It's not fully pop or rnb, it's too diverse. Besides, most of her great songs don't sound very mainstream. They're not those kinda music that you will instantly get hooked on to after listening to the first chorus. I'm not sure about you guys but as for me, it takes a few times of playing her songs for me to fully appreciate them. This is also a reason why I don't feel like I'm listening to pop when I play her music, it feels very... different.

Let's just face it, it's hard to break in. I'm not trying to generalize but the audience that she's trying to target are mainly people who listen to songs that sound super mainstream. It'll be tough and maybe it's also because of Xenophobia, like what Hazumuchan said. There are too many factors for us to look into.

Posted on: 2009/10/15 7:28
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 22/M/Earth
i would just like to say, why are we tryin to figure her out utada is simply amazing T_T

greatest singer ever ( well to me anyways hahaha )

i love you hikki <3

-A5UKA
Posted on: 2009/10/15 18:01
  •  Cz96
      Cz96
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 13/F/Malaysia
Wat happen? Utada will retire soon. Why? I not sure.

Utada should not retire...Its kinda wasted cause her voice is beautiful.She can sing well...

Haih~ Even though she really wan to retire,she will always my NO.1 idol

Posted on: 2009/10/15 20:38
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
fyi...utada's mom was also in the music business before, then retired all of a sudden. it was just like that and to think that she was at the height of her popularity. if hikaru is retiring (God i pray that she does not retire yet!), maybe she is only retiring from singing and not from producing or writing songs.
Posted on: 2009/10/15 22:51
  •  Cz96
      Cz96
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 13/F/Malaysia
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
Yeah, it stopped abruptly and the promotion wasn't even long enough to push further success.

Most probably she got bored of it. Who knows? She's already quite successful so maybe she got bored since TitO did not get the response that she expected. (assuming that she expected profoundly huge response) OR maybe something did happened because of IDJ. Were they really keen to promote the album in the first album? We all don't know. Maybe they did but they gave up half way.

This whole thing is sad, I was hoping that Utada would make it big then at least there would be more radio stations playing her songs. Come Back to Me was only played for a VERY VERY short period of time in my country. It's safe to say that the song per se did not get sufficient promotion/attention. I'm just curious... do your local radio stations still play her songs?

And I do agree that it's weird how she stopped blogging about TitO after she recovered from her sickness. You guys are right, she acted as if it does not exist, which kinda frustrates me.

true true...:(

Ok..i thought wat is tito ~.~
tito is This is the one.. :p

just know when i write short form of this is the one
Posted on: 2009/10/15 23:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12