Poster Thread
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Utada for 2 weeks recovery
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Q wrote:
It looks like the promotional tours for May 12-16 are canceled. Due to illness, Utada has been advised not to travel or use her voice for two weeks. She has been diagnosed with a relapse of Acute Peritonsillitis. She will make a full recovery.

Hikkiちゃん、早く良くなってください!

Utada.com Quote:

INTERNATIONAL POP STAR POSTPONES U.S. PROMOTION FOR ALBUM RELEASE
Renowned international singer and songwriter, Utada, who is set to release her new album This Is The One on May 12th (the Island Def Jam Music Group), has been forced to postpone her promotions to launch the album along with a series of in-store appearances. The 26 year-old artist, who had planned to arrive today May 11th to promote and drive the album release, has been diagnosed with an acute case of left relapsing peritonsillitis.

Utada, who is Japan's best selling artist ever, was set to make highly anticipated in-store appearances in New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, and Honolulu to promote the May 12th album. Upon consultation with doctors and a brief hospitalization, she's been advised not to travel or use her voice for at least two weeks. A full recovery is expected.

According to the artist?s representative, ?Utada was very much looking forward to sharing her new album with her U.S fans and is very disappointed that her illness has forced her to postpone these promotional activities. She looks forward to rescheduling them as soon as she can."

Fans are encouraged to check www.utada.com for more information.

i just hope that she is gonna be alright =/

for those of u who don't know what relapsing peritonsillistis is, is just a infection of the thoart area that effect the voice, its a gud thing she is gonna make a full recovery lolz lets all pray for the best

even tho i'm dissapointed, cuz the chance that i got to see her in REAL LIFE, she come down with a sickness, but at the same time, i just hope she gonna be okay
Posted on: 2009/5/12 0:41
  •  IceAngel
      IceAngel
Re: Utada for 2 weeks recovery, illness - May12-16 Events Postponed
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/Female/UK
I know this is gonna sound harsh but you'll understand when I explain. I'm glad shes been told to rest her voice entirely for 2 weeks. Her voice has always recently sounded like shes got a cold when she sings. When she comes back, lets hope it sounds stronger than it has in a long time.

Truly, Hikki. Get well soon
Posted on: 2009/5/12 0:42
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

IceAngel wrote:
I know this is gonna sound harsh but you'll understand when I explain. I'm glad shes been told to rest her voice entirely for 2 weeks. Her voice has always recently sounded like shes got a cold when she sings. When she comes back, lets hope it sounds stronger than it has in a long time.

Truly, Hikki. Get well soon

Yeah, in some radio shows she sounded a little sick, but she still pulled it together. I do hope that she feels better soon...but being as strong willed and physically as she is, i know that she will feel better
Posted on: 2009/5/12 2:09
  •  dral
      dral
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M
medical terms sure are fanciful...i guess this is really nothing compared to that cancer fight a few years ago which was something. i will just break down if it's me (though i'm a guy). haha, but she's great.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 5:30
Administrator
A/S/L
NEW MESSAGE FROM HIKKI
http://www.u3music.com/message/index.php?m=1&d=2009051219252e.xml

Quote:
To my fans in America!
5.12(Tue) 19:25

I suppose a lot of you have heard already; I've had to cancel the instore events that were scheduled for this week.

The reason is, I'm sick. I came down with a case of "peritonsillitis"---it's basically a more severe form of tonsillitis, in which the area around the tonsils get badly swollen as well.

This happens this to me once or twice a year, when I'm extremely tired and my immune system gets in bad shape.

I was in bed this past week, making daily trips to the hospital to get intravenous administration of hardcore medication, and now I'm near the end of the recovering stage, but the problem with this condition is that I have to be very careful until it is completely take care of, as it tends to easily come back.

It was decided that I'm in no shape to be traveling and working for a while.

I'm trying to rest as much as possible, relax a little and take it easy.

I apologize to my fans who were looking forward to the events, and to everyone involved with organizing these events.

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2009/5/12 5:40
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
I glad she was sick, i mean she like any Japanese worker. a workaholic. She should take a break for a while, even though this new album very good to promote her and her song in to US.

Ganbarre Hikki get well soon.
Posted on: 2009/5/12 5:42
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
she deserves a break... but not in this way...

But it is still good that she finally stops and have some rest... she has been working very hard...
Posted on: 2009/5/12 5:58
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
4realz! not like this

well atleast hikki wrote us the fans a letter saying she was sorry hope she feel better soon =)
Posted on: 2009/5/13 0:05
  •  Hikki101
      Hikki101
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 17/ M/ Bangkok
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
she deserves a break... but not in this way...

But it is still good that she finally stops and have some rest... she has been working very hard...

yeah, not this way with the break thing...she deserves a relaxing rest not sick-in-bed one, but none the less, i hope she's refreshed when she returns
Posted on: 2009/5/13 3:09
  •  CherrySoda
      CherrySoda
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/F/NC
Poor girl! Hope she feels better soon!
Posted on: 2009/5/13 9:00
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>