Poster Thread
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: Utada in UK??
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

takka wrote:
I have this impression that her music will be better received in Europe.
When Stacie Orrico first released a mainstream Album (she is originally from
Contemporary Christian Music scene), I saw a lot of negative comments
by Americans on the internet, and it only became a moderate success in the US.
BUT it actually became a really huge success worldwide, in Asia, Europe and Australia.
I think Utada's new album is the same kind, and has a better chance in Europe.
But I really do hope that it will be huge in the US.

cuz america is very closes minded ppl............ think there always the best............
Posted on: 2009/4/16 18:31
  •  takka
      takka
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 35/M/Japan
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:

cuz america is very closes minded ppl............ think there always the best............

Well, I'm not sure about that, 'cos I've never been to the US.
But Americans seem to have a different taste in music.

I have an interesting story.

In the late 90's, I was in Europe for business and I met my colloegues from all over the world.
Then we started to talk about Take That (a British group that was really really popular worldside)
and Americans were going "Who are they?". And they started to ask others if they knew Take That.
To their surprise, everyone (Europeans, Japanese, Chinese, Australians, Africans) actually knew them.
We non-Americans were like "how come you don't even know them??? They are huge!!!".

I'm still wondering why they didn't make it in the US when people all over the world actually liked them...
Posted on: 2009/4/16 19:51
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

takka wrote:

In the late 90's, I was in Europe for business and I met my colloegues from all over the world.
Then we started to talk about Take That (a British group that was really really popular worldside)
and Americans were going "Who are they?". And they started to ask others if they knew Take That.
To their surprise, everyone (Europeans, Japanese, Chinese, Australians, Africans) actually knew them.
We non-Americans were like "how come you don't even know them??? They are huge!!!".

I'm still wondering why they didn't make it in the US when people all over the world actually liked them...

Really, that thing happen... my God, they were famous back then, and Americans don't know bout them. Some of the member still sing till this day .
Posted on: 2009/4/17 1:44
  •  Truten
      Truten
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/M/UK
Take That reunited in 2006, and they became flipping HUGE again minus one member, Robbie Williams. Their comeback album has been a huge success over the UK, Europe and Asia.

I think Utada will have more of an easier auidence to connect to here in Europe. I think its because generally that Europe is made up of many different countries who all speak different languages so its pretty common to get "forgien(sp?)" artists in the charts and the radio.
Posted on: 2009/4/17 3:12
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

takka wrote:
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:

well cuz american's are ignorent
Posted on: 2009/4/18 0:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12