A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i agree with amaterasu
Posted on: 2008/12/11 17:59
Re: Utada Hikaru 10th Anniversary : "Ten"/"Sen" Book Spring 2009
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

ghostdog wrote:
She looks so worn down and sick.....
For the first time ever Hikki's face looks almost artificial to me.
Her eyes look soulless in this picture.
I keep thinking she is holding a butchers knife behind her back when I look at this picture. *shudder*

I really hope she get's back to being normal and healthy, this is not a good look for her.

I'm seeing her the opposite way as you do. I find her attractive in the picture. :)

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/12/11 20:20
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
i hope the book will have an international release... i think it will have if her new english album will be a hit in america... the book will be a good way to promote herself outside japan...

i would really like to have a copy of the "ten" book...=P
Posted on: 2008/12/17 8:34
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I like that she put out two books that connect to her personally. I'd definitely like to have my own copy or copies. lol She always has really interesting things to say. :) It's a nice way of celebrating her 10th Anniversary in music.
Posted on: 2008/12/17 11:40
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
I don't think that an International Copy of this item will at all feature translation ... at least into English. We are niche fans, and a very small niche at that.

It is unfortunate, but it is more than likely that a fan will have to take up the helm .. should it be taken at all.
Posted on: 2008/12/17 21:16
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
I don't think that an International Copy of this item will at all feature translation ... at least into English. We are niche fans, and a very small niche at that.

It is unfortunate, but it is more than likely that a fan will have to take up the helm .. should it be taken at all.

I definitely hope that at least an English version of it will be released...
Posted on: 2008/12/18 9:52
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Hope for the best, expect the worst.

I'm being realistic in my thought that it will likely (if at all) be only translated into Chinese and Korean at the most for 'International' fans.

Of course, you could do what I have done and email Hikaru and pester her about making this book availible in English, or at least provide a crappy translation inserted within.

Redeemingly, at least we'll have a picture book to stare at. Moreso, at least we'll support Hikaru officially. Then again, the question comes up: is she not rich enough as it is?
Posted on: 2008/12/18 10:25
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Mm, I'm definitely getting both books just to have them, even though I can't read them. I'll cherish them forever. <3
Posted on: 2008/12/30 20:37
  •  Cecildragoon
      Cecildragoon
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20-Male-Texas
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
Hope for the best, expect the worst.

I'm being realistic in my thought that it will likely (if at all) be only translated into Chinese and Korean at the most for 'International' fans.

Of course, you could do what I have done and email Hikaru and pester her about making this book availible in English, or at least provide a crappy translation inserted within.

Redeemingly, at least we'll have a picture book to stare at. Moreso, at least we'll support Hikaru officially. Then again, the question comes up: is she not rich enough as it is?

i dont think its about the money :D i think she justs wants us to be able to share more of her life ya know
Posted on: 2008/12/30 21:56
  •  KeepTryin87
      KeepTryin87
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 22/F/Atlanta, GA USA
I heard about these books coming out a few days ago. I would love to be able to read Japanese so I could read her thoughts on various things. I can always hope for an english translation, but if one ever comes I think it will be in a while. I like that pic of her. Reading her blog, I felt better when she said that she is going to a doctor about her weight loss. Now I am not as worried about her as I was. I get off topic. lol.

anyways, I might get the books even if I can't completely read them. If I quit my job soon like I am needing to, I might not have the money! We'll see.
Posted on: 2009/1/2 13:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>