•  kayoko
      kayoko
Re: Religion, how far is your piety?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
all of us go to the same place anyway

you really cant say that we go to the same place jj...christians attend church often...let buddhists...visit the buddhist temple...i doubt they go to church..(if a buddhuist church exist..i doubt it) each have their own sacred woshipping sanctuary...theyre not the same...yea you do the same action at the location...but the ideal location differs upon religion...
Posted on: 2008/8/31 6:39
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Asatru.

Just out of curiosity, do you have Muslim heritage of any sort? A lot of Asatruar leave Christianity because they feel it subverts their honor, then later find out their ancestors thought the same thing but had it forced upon them through various circumstances. I've very interested in the idea that you share spiritual similarities with your ancestors, making the same religion they practiced the right "fit".

If you mean that my parents were Muslim, yes they were. I've always been Muslim. I only said that last part about finding the right religion because I read this story about a Christian girl from Texas who had her religious quest. She questioned what she was living for and didn't have much motivation for life, she went through it without a care. Then they put her in a reform school where she learned as much as she can about Christianity. She found that many of the verses in the bible contradicted each other and asked why she had to go through Jesus to talk to God. This made her give up on Christianity. She doubted Islam was the religion for her because of the lies she was told about them. She was searching for the truth. A sign came in the form of a pamphlet about Islam and told her to think carefully about the trinity. It felt right for her, but she was in complete denial at first because of all the bad things she heard about Muslims. Then, ironically, she married a man from Palestine. One day, she read a verse in the Quran and knew right away it was real and Holy. She felt some new emotion when she read it. Then she converted to Islam. I think it's a beautiful story. I love her for searching for the truth and was fitly rewarded.

I don't mean to convert you to my religion, but just ask why? and how? about aspects of you religion and that question will snowball into a fruitful quest.

To all the Muslims here: Happy fasting, it's Ramadhan tomorrow. No food, drink or sex.
Posted on: 2008/8/31 7:03
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:

are you referring to hell?
Posted on: 2008/8/31 7:07
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I thought most muslim sects strongly discouraged drink at any time of the year. Is this true or is that more of a minority sentiment?
Posted on: 2008/8/31 17:35
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
Quote:

Idle_mind wrote:
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Asatru.

Just out of curiosity, do you have Muslim heritage of any sort? A lot of Asatruar leave Christianity because they feel it subverts their honor, then later find out their ancestors thought the same thing but had it forced upon them through various circumstances. I've very interested in the idea that you share spiritual similarities with your ancestors, making the same religion they practiced the right "fit".

If you mean that my parents were Muslim, yes they were. I've always been Muslim. I only said that last part about finding the right religion because I read this story about a Christian girl from Texas who had her religious quest. She questioned what she was living for and didn't have much motivation for life, she went through it without a care. Then they put her in a reform school where she learned as much as she can about Christianity. She found that many of the verses in the bible contradicted each other and asked why she had to go through Jesus to talk to God. This made her give up on Christianity. She doubted Islam was the religion for her because of the lies she was told about them. She was searching for the truth. A sign came in the form of a pamphlet about Islam and told her to think carefully about the trinity. It felt right for her, but she was in complete denial at first because of all the bad things she heard about Muslims. Then, ironically, she married a man from Palestine. One day, she read a verse in the Quran and knew right away it was real and Holy. She felt some new emotion when she read it. Then she converted to Islam. I think it's a beautiful story. I love her for searching for the truth and was fitly rewarded.

I don't mean to convert you to my religion, but just ask why? and how? about aspects of you religion and that question will snowball into a fruitful quest.

To all the Muslims here: Happy fasting, it's Ramadhan tomorrow. No food, drink or sex.

That was kinda like how it was for me, except from Buddhism to Christianity.

Posted on: 2008/8/31 17:36
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

Idle_mind wrote:
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:

are you referring to hell?

Posted on: 2008/9/1 1:23
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
I thought most muslim sects strongly discouraged drink at any time of the year. Is this true or is that more of a minority sentiment?

No I meant any sort of drinking: water, juice, any liquid. Ramadhan to Muslims is what Lent is to Christians. We eat something before around 4.30 and we don't eat, drink, get emotional, have anything go into us, curse, have sex, smoke, basically keep a state of purity until 5.30 to 6 pm. This goes on for a month, our holy month.
Posted on: 2008/9/1 20:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12