12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
don't you wish....?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
i wish that hikaru's next album would have more guitar-driven songs. don't you wish that she put out songs in the same vein as kettobase, uso mi taina, b & c, parody, etc. her later album has been more keyboard/synthesizer driven.

i just wish she could use the guitar more(think hikari's opening bars).

peace!
Posted on: 2009/10/19 20:21
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: don't you wish....?
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
and also more hip hop
Posted on: 2009/10/19 21:37
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16 / M / Palembang
Nooooo..... I love keyboards and synth sounding. Guitar is too common.
I hope her next album will be more electronica
Posted on: 2009/10/20 4:02
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Gotta agree with your percypenn!
As a guitarist myself, I'd really like to see her utilize the guitars more in her future works. Kettobase and Uso got my attention the first time I listened to them thanks to the catchy riffs. Oh well, at least Beautiful World has an acoustic remix. You Make Me Want to be a Man would've sound so much better if the guitar solo from Utada United was included in the original track as well, but then again the length of the solo is too long for a pop album. I hate to categorize her under pop but I really don't know which genre she actually belongs to.

The keyboard / synth thing is okay, not that I hate it but I think it'd be really awesome if she uses more guitars.

Well I don't thin guitars are too common if she throws in some catchy riffs or great solos into one or two songs for her upcoming album. Then the album will be more balanced.

Speaking of which, has anyone here watched her performance of Be My Last which was shot from her house if I'm not wrong? Anyways it sounds good, purely acoustic.
Posted on: 2009/10/20 10:29
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
its good to know that there is a fellow musician among utadanet members here.

i saw that video on you tube and i gotta tell you, i got goosebumps while watching that video. it was so damn good and electrifying.

a better treat for us fans is that hikaru put out a live album(all new songs). that would be a blast!
Posted on: 2009/10/20 11:34
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Yup, the live version of her songs should be bundled together with her live DVD. That'll be so awesome, right? Else if worse comes to worst, we can always resort to ripping the audio tracks off the videos.
Posted on: 2009/10/20 22:02
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: dont you wish....?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I think guitar would be ok. I'd love to hear something jazzy by the new Utada. BTW i mean new Utada just by the older more experienced Utada and not the younger. Kinda self explanatory huh!
Posted on: 2009/10/20 22:17
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
parody was a jazzy song from her second album. it wasn't that bad. come to think of it, that's the only jazzy song of all her songs.
Posted on: 2009/10/21 7:56
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
I would prefer her with the piano/keyboard/sympathizer thing. It's More.....ヒカルっぽい. それよりパフェになります!

Love is like a mix of extremes: anxiety and peace - 宇多田 ヒカル / Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2009/10/21 8:05
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Utada + Jazz sounds incredible. Who knows, she might actually come up with something like that. Her music is unpredictable. MTV Unplugged version of Parody is better than the one her album.
Posted on: 2009/10/21 10:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>