Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Utada's headphones...
guest_Unregistered
So I'm not sure about this but when I watched her UH turning 20 live streaming performance and the Prisoner of love music video, I noticed that she used the same headphones. Both of them are Sony brand and have a red stripe. I think she used 2 different headphones in prisoner of love but here are the two youtube videos for you guys to see. Maybe they're different, but they look the same to me. And if they are the same, that's interesting because she would have used the same head phones for 5 years. Not that there is anything wrong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolMwmDFVlU ---> UH live streaming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-PT-xtesz4 ----> Prisoner of Love MV. You'll see a similar pair of headphones from UH at 3:34.
Posted on: 2009/7/11 12:12
  •  bbd198
      bbd198
Re: Utada's headphones...
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
That's really interesting, i thought that i was the only person who does things like that.
Now, I think shes even cooler than I did before!!! Yay!
Posted on: 2009/7/11 14:25
Re: Utada's headphones...
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 20/Female/New York
I believe those are headphones you could buy at the apple store? I've forgotten, but I looked it up at one time. The run about 100 dollars or so.

Ah, nevermind. I found it in my notebook.

Audio Technica ATH-SQ5. Yep, those are the ones. So if you wanna buy them, now you know the name. :3
Posted on: 2009/7/11 14:43
Re: Utadas headphones...
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
http://www.furuanimepanikku.com/2008/05/03/headphones-review-ath-sq5/

I'm usin those for my music producing.

I think hers are custom though cause they dont have tat SQ5 brand name on them. They're just blank.

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2009/7/11 22:05
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
HAHA I just now watched the videos and i was like wth? Both blaqkiris and i were thinkin about the HEART STATION video. Iono what those headphones are.

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2009/7/11 22:21
  •  Suroki
      Suroki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 30/F
Don't worry, I got your back. I'm a huge headphones freak and always look up ones she has. XD

They were the Sony MDR-CD900ST. That exact model's run is over and not sold in the official Sony store anymore, but the MDR-V6's (click) look almost exactly the same. They've got better sound quality than the older ones, anyway. :D
Posted on: 2009/7/12 0:44
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Quote:

Suroki wrote:
Don't worry, I got your back. I'm a huge headphones freak and always look up ones she has. XD

They were the Sony MDR-CD900ST. That exact model's run is over and not sold in the official Sony store anymore, but the MDR-V6's (click) look almost exactly the same. They've got better sound quality than the older ones, anyway. :D

I would be grateful if you could recommend a set of inner ear headphones I have a ipod classic, I think it?s 7th generation, but with the European volume restrictions ?.cheers
Posted on: 2009/7/12 3:31
  •  paisith
      paisith
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 32/Male/Bangkok Thailand
I have this one..

Sony MDR-V6
(I like this pic so much)
and audio-technica SQ5(All both price is the same),

In personally I like V6 more than SQ5 in deepth detail of sounds and completely dynamic rang,But V6 is hard to bring to anywhere.And when I want to working with my laptop, I need more integration amplifier to drive this one.

So if anybody want to have one.In this case I advice SQ5 for more conveniently.

and by the way,Now I learning to be a composer as a hobby after I've free from my works.Anybody who interest in this thing I hope we can discuss and share knowledge in this way together

(For the next headphone,I'll select SENNHEISER HD280
I know that Hikki always use this brand with her performane)
SENNHEISER HD280
Posted on: 2009/7/12 6:29
  •  Hikki4life4ever
      Hikki4life4ever
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L _/Female/Pye Green,UK
Well Hikki does have good Taste in Headphones! x-D lol

宇多田、良いヘッドフォン!
Posted on: 2009/7/12 10:00
  •  Suroki
      Suroki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 30/F
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
Quote:

Suroki wrote:

I would be grateful if you could recommend a set of inner ear headphones I have a ipod classic, I think it?s 7th generation, but with the European volume restrictions ?.cheers

No problem! My personal favorite is Skullcandy's Full Metal Jacket. Superb sound quality, incredible bass, noise cancelling (I can't hear a thing when I have them on, lol) and a fraction of the price that brands like Bose and Shure products cost. Plus they come in a good selection of colors. I have the black ones.

I'm not a huge fan of Skullcandy's headphones; I always think they're too tacky, but their earphones really are great. Before I got the Full Metal Jackets, I bought their Smokin' Buds because I lost my cheapo iPod earbuds. Those are about half the price of the FMJ's, and are also an excellent pair. Not as rich tones or deep bass abilities as the FMJ, but on a budget they're really great!

Oh, and both models come with interchangeable earpieces of various sizes so you can get the best fit. And a cool little carrying case for the cable and earbuds. :)

That sucks about the volume restriction, but those earbuds get pret-ty loud at max volume. 100dB is very high already, ahyhow. Hope this helped!
Posted on: 2009/7/12 12:01
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>