Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
   EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada

Bottom    Previous Topic    Next Topic
Poster Thread
  •  scott_o_k
      scott_o_k
EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
OMG I can't believe this!

Quote:

From Entertainment Weekly:

The indefatigable Britney Spears has just finished recording a duet with Japanese pop star Utada, confirmed representatives from Jive Records and Island Def Jam. The song is titled, "Dirty Desire" and will be featured on the latter's debut album to be released in May.

Spears recorded her part on the song in-between stops on her current tour. "I liked it because the song makes you want to dance," Spears said in a statement. "The theme is very liberating, very sexual, and I found it very appealing."

The Utada camp also issued a statement. In it the 26-year-old sensation says, "People are always claiming I'm the Asian Britney Spears, so it makes perfect sense. I hope with this duet people will see that is true in some ways and not true in others. I'm looking forward to meeting Britney when we shoot the video."

The music video for the song is scheduled to be filmed next month, directed by Joseph Kahn, who directed Spears' prior videos "Toxic," and "Womanizer." According to Kahn, "We're going to make this a very provocative video. It'll be a satire on the Japanese 'lolita' culture, but it'll be very sexy at the same time. I'm hoping to get (Spears and Utada) nude in the video."

Utada's album This is the One will feature the duet and will be released to retailers on May 12. A Spears-less version of the song is already available on digital outlets.

I'm excited, confused, shocked. I don't know what to think!

Here's the source where I got it from:Entertainment Weekly.com
Posted on: 2009/4/1 13:19
Subject Poster Date
     Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada Music_lover 2009/4/1 13:27
       Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada scott_o_k 2009/4/1 13:31
         Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada MJFV1 2009/4/1 13:41
     Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada ShinjiPG 2009/4/1 13:53
       Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada jrockn 2009/4/1 14:02
         Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada BokuWaDevil光 2009/4/1 14:31
           Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada KeepTryin87 2009/4/1 15:20
             Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada judithspeaking 2009/4/1 16:40
     Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada ayehunny 2009/4/1 14:30
     Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada cutelilme 2009/4/1 17:53
       Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 2009/4/1 20:46
         Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada NGBear 2009/4/1 23:13
           Re: EntertainmentWeekly.com: Britney Spears Records Duet With Japanese Star Utada Hikki101 2009/4/2 4:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic